The IRS concluded that the purpose of exercise equipment/devices must be to treat a disease or illness (not just for general health) in order to possibly be considered eligible for pre-tax FSA funds. Confirm with your FSA/HSA administrator to prior to purchase to know if they would accept a claim, and what info/documentation they would require.
Articles in this section
- Can I use my FSA to purchase a metro card?
- Can FSAs be used to cover education expenses?
- Can I use an FSA for out of network doctors?
- Can I use my FSA to pay for exercise programs?
- What happens if I used my FSA for services covered under my healthcare?
- Are vitamins FSA eligible
- Is massage therapy FSA eligible?
- Are humidifiers eligible?
- Are Fitbits eligible?
- Is exercise equipment eligible?