Vitamins are generally not FSA eligible under IRS regulations. Exceptions to this rule would be in the case of a medically necessary reason for a supplement/vitamin. Check with your FSA administrator to find out if they may allow a claim and what documentation they would need to approve the expense. There are exceptions, such as are glucosamine, chondroitin and prenatal vitamins, which we offer on our site, and are 100% eligible.
Articles in this section
- Can I use my FSA to purchase a metro card?
- Can FSAs be used to cover education expenses?
- Can I use an FSA for out of network doctors?
- Can I use my FSA to pay for exercise programs?
- What happens if I used my FSA for services covered under my healthcare?
- Are vitamins FSA eligible
- Is massage therapy FSA eligible?
- Are humidifiers eligible?
- Are Fitbits eligible?
- Is exercise equipment eligible?